Sunday, June 7, 2015

Reno in Progress!

Mike and I have been watching disturbing amounts of HGTV. So of course we were excited to get started working on our condo as soon as we settled! The night we settled we actually went over and painted some samples on the wall to see which colors we liked. Here are some pictures of what we've been up to so far...

Painting 



We celebrated our first night of homeowner-ship with pizza. 
Fun colors for the powder room.
Painting in progress! We chose purple for the bedroom...well Mike actually picked it out originally...He apparently has good taste...haha. 
Choosing a blue accent wall for the dining area...
We chose Denim by Sherwin Williams HGTV line. And I could not be happier about our choice! I thought it would be too dark, but I love it. 

Flooring

After starting to peel up the nasty vinyl that was there we discovered an even more disgusting layer of vinyl in the kitchen. What an adventure it was getting that out of there...
At one point we panicked that the vinyl might contain asbestos, so we bought masks. 



Kitchen Cabinets

Here are the cabinets being primed. I read so many blogs before deciding to go ahead with this project. I followed the instructions on this blog: http://www.livelovediy.com/2013/04/10-easy-steps-to-paint-kitchen-cabinets.htmlShe made it seem like a realistic process, so I stuck to her instructions.

We have done so much more, but I think I'll wait until I can do full before-after pictures to show everyone the rest! And I hope to eventually get around to writing blogs in detail about some of the projects we completed. :) So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment