Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Danielle's Blanket


Who knows what year these pictures are from...
I have known this lovely lady since kindergarten.  We weren't always close, but somehow in high school we fell in friend-love and have been friends ever since.  I love how no matter where we live and no matter how far away we are, we're always friends.  She was the person who introduced me to Mike (well, we knew him as Mikey back then) when he showed up at church.  She and I were the ones to be-friend him that fateful trip to Disney World where he and I became friends.  
She was there from the beginning! 

Our most recent picture together at my wedding, Danielle is on the right.
The lovely Jackée is on the left (more about her later ;))
So of course when Danielle requested a blanket, I happily made her one.  It was very fun because for a while I kept the colors a secret and wouldn't post pictures of it.  
Here are some pictures from its journey: 

Precious cargo! 
This is the haul Jackée & I got one day when there was a great yarn sale. Always a good day.
Also check out her blog: jackeelynn.wordpress.com
And so it began...

For this blanket, I used all Vanna's Choice Lion Brand yarn. It's definitely one of my favorites.  Only downside is I think the balls are small (3.5 oz, is that small?) 
and I feel like I always have to buy a ton of them. 

One of the teaser photos I posted for Danielle. Those ridiculously long legs are not mine, they're Mike's.
 Not only is he my official blanket measurer, he's a blanket tester apparently.


Got these adorable tags at Michael's and sewed them on by hand, old-school style.
I badly need a sewing machine. 

Mike was sure to break it in before I gave it to Danielle...Don't worry, I washed it before I gave it to her. 
Step-Dad Dave, my mom, Mike and I used that blanket for a few weeks before my wedding actually.  Dave was quite sad to part with it, he loved it so much.  He and my mom have a lovely blanket, I'll have to write about at some point. 

I am so glad Jackée captured this moment since I was off taking ridiculous amounts of pictures with Bianca (best photographer ever btw, www.biancainezphotography.com/). Danielle was quite excited for this blanket as she had been waiting a loooooong time. 

She's so cute!




















The blanket made it safely back to San Francisco where baby Louie seems to be enjoying it!




Tech Specs: 
Vanna's Choice Lion Brand Yarn 
Colors: Beige, Taupe, Mustard, Linen 
I probably used between 3-4 balls of each color...
I used this pattern and I think it tells you how much yarn to buy: http://www.berroco.com/patterns/greenway

No comments:

Post a Comment