Thursday, October 6, 2016

Painting Adventures

For my birthday, I told Mike I wanted to go see my sister and her husband in Ohio. He obliged and we planned to travel there for my birthday weekend, yay! Jaclyn texted me asking me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her I had to think about it.
I recently have been making a more concerted effort to match decor items around my house and actually start decorating. So as I thought about what I wanted, I thought of the gorgeous canvas paintings she did in her house. Lightbulb! I would have her help me make cute canvas paintings for my house. So the plan was hatched!

Here is a picture of the one in her living room complete with my sloth of a husband and the gorgeous chunky blanket I made her (don't worry a blog on that blanket will come eventually).



So my colors were chosen and we started painting! I think she used this tutorial when she did her original one.

Step 1: Paint on the colors & let dry. 

Jaclyn must've blocked this part from her memory because it literally took us TWO HOURS to get this tape on there. It was insane. 
But the finished project is so worth it! 


 We did have other fun besides painting! We did some shooting and swimming. We always have fun hanging with these two.





We also painted a set of three canvases for my office at work. We just found the picture on google images when we searched "tape canvas art." 

First we taped the canvases in the pattern we wanted. We made the mistake of leaving them all taped together so we had to go back and free-hand the edges. We probably should've cut the tape and added some on the edges after we separated the canvases. 
It looked awesome once we peeled the tape off! It looks perfect in my office with yellow walls! 

Thanks Jaclyn for being the best sister and built-in-best-friend for always. I love you so much and can't wait to see you guys soon! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this and you! ❤️ Painting was a lot of fun! So glad we did it! My living room looks messy especially with the sloth! Haha amazing times!

    ReplyDelete